Welcome to the FDLP Community site!

This site is designed to create an online, interactive venue to enhance the world of Government documents. All members of the Federal depository library community can create an account. Sign up today to start sharing your knowledge, experiences, and resources while also benefiting from the expertise of other library professionals from around the country.

OCLC record #42793146 describes title in format that was not distributed to FDLP libraries
Friday, 19 August 2011

Because my library's records and the lack of a shipping list number in OCLC record #42793146 suggested that the 1999 actuarial note was not distributed in paper format, GPO was asked if item 0516-F was included in error, resulting in distribution of the record and setting of holdings in OCLC for many libraries.

A GPO cataloger confirmed this.  "My research has shown that you were correct. The item in question: Actuarial note, A matched-records study of aids deaths in 1993: SSA administrative records and death certificates / by Bertram M. Kestenbaum, A.S.A. and Chris Chaplain, A.S.A. was not distributed in paper. I have removed the item number from OCLC record #42793146. Thank you for bringing this to our attention."

While a few may actually hold paper copies, OCLC shows 82 libraries with holdings set for the title this format.

Kestenbaum, Bertram M. A matched-records study of aids deaths in 1993: SSA administrative records and death certificates / by Bertram M. Kestenbaum, A.S.A. and Chris Chaplain, A.S.A. [Baltimore, Md.?] : Social Security Administration, Office of the Chief Actuary, [1999] 3 p. ; 28 cm. OCLC:42793146
StateLocations
AL
AAM
ACM
ALM

AR
AFU
AST
asu

AZ
AZP

CA