Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 66 on June 22nd, 2012, 3:43 am

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

2013 Biennial Survey Discussion

Discuss enhancements and suggestions for improving the FDLP Desktop.

Moderators: jbraddock, kdavis, jdowgiallo

2013 Biennial Survey Discussion

Postby Melissa Fairfield on June 10th, 2013, 3:07 pm

If you have questions or comments about the upcoming 2013 Biennial Survey of Depository Libraries, please post them here. GPO staff members will regularly monitor this thread and answer your questions.
Melissa Fairfield
GPO Staff
GPO Staff

Re: 2013 Biennial Survey Discussion

Postby SaraJean on June 11th, 2013, 1:35 pm

Regarding Question 11:
Does your library provide access to eBooks to both primary and non-primary patrons?

Does this include books that a user must view while online, or does it only include books that the user downloads?
SaraJean
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby Melissa Fairfield on June 11th, 2013, 2:15 pm

We are looking for access to downloadable e-books, and not links to books that are available online. We will look at rewording that question so it is more clear. Thank you!
Melissa Fairfield
GPO Staff
GPO Staff

Postby pfields on June 12th, 2013, 11:49 am

Our gov't documents librarian retired two years ago, and although the last biennial report was supposedly done, no one can find a copy of it.

Is it possible that your office has a copy of what was submitted, and if so may I have access to it so I can fill out this year's survey?

Our account number is 0281B. Our past librarian was Diane Vander Pol, and this is coming from Calvin College in Grand Rapids, MI

Thank you.

Paul Fields
pfields@calvin.edu
pfields
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby jfisher on June 12th, 2013, 12:26 pm

Question 11 -
Is it necessary to have "primary and non-primary patrons" within this question.
We have limited access (state employees only) to OverDrive downloadables. So I answered "no."

For the next part of the question, "do you anticipate making eBooks available within the next year?" I will answer "yes." The reason is our plan to create a place for eBooks, but doubt that our OverDrive subscription can be expanded to include that part. My answers fit your questions, but I don't know that this information is useful.
jfisher
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby jfisher on June 12th, 2013, 12:34 pm

Question 20 -
I am not certain you are getting information that is useful.
Since the State Archives is part of our agency, we have a preservation/conservation program available. Do we have a solid plan for library materials within that plan -- not all. The Maps Collection and some older or fragile materials are housed in the Archives Building, and all other materials are handled as needed or when an event occurs (e.g., water leak).
A box to fill in details may provide more descriptive information.
jfisher
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby jfisher on June 12th, 2013, 6:06 pm

I appreciated the ability to leave the Biennial Survey open for a couple of hours while I got information from staff and also checked with my administration for approval before closing it.

The ability to move to the previous page or to the next page without losing the marked answers came in handy as I needed to make changes in my responses.
jfisher
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby Melissa Fairfield on June 13th, 2013, 9:00 am

Is it possible that your office has a copy of what was submitted, and if so may I have access to it so I can fill out this year's survey?

Yes, I will send this to you directly.
Melissa Fairfield
GPO Staff
GPO Staff

Postby Melissa Fairfield on June 13th, 2013, 9:02 am

Janet-Thank you for your input. We are looking at your suggestions as part of our testing.
Melissa Fairfield
GPO Staff
GPO Staff

Postby ncowden on June 13th, 2013, 10:37 am

in the ebook question - are they asking about any type of ebook from any publisher?
ncowden
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Next

Return to FDLP Desktop