Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 66 on June 22nd, 2012, 3:43 am

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

What are community groups? How do I start a community group?

Read me first before posting anywhere!

What are community groups? How do I start a community group?

Postby ksieger on September 17th, 2008, 3:00 pm

If your organization would like a place to interact with fellow members, community groups can be created on the FDLP Forum where members can start targeted conversations related to that organization. Each community group is maintained by the group leader and moderators. The U.S. Government Printing Office's (GPO) role is to assist in creating groups (from an administrative perspective), but is not involved in group memberships or discussions.

There are two types of community discussion forums that are permitted here:

1. Open Forum: A category is created for your community group and any registered member of the FDLP Forum may participate (e.g., post, reply, submit attachments, participate in polls).
2. Closed Forum: A category is created for your community group and anyone can read the posts, but only members of your group may participate (e.g., post, reply, submit attachments, participate in polls).

There are also several ways to set up group membership:

1. Open: Anyone may join through their User Control Panel (UCP).
2. Request: Using the UCP, members can apply to join. The group leader accepts or rejects requests based on their group's purpose.
3. Closed: New members can only join upon invitation of a group leader.

To request that your group be added to the FDLP Forum, complete the form at: http://community.fdlp.gov/index.php?option=com_form&form_id=4. Please keep the above parameters in mind when submitting your request. GPO staff will review your application and follow-up as necessary to create your community group.
"It is the time you have spent with your rose that makes your rose so important."
- The Little Prince
ksieger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Tips & Tricks